Diagnostic Cytopathology Laboratory Services
The Lenco Diagnostic Cytopathology Laboratory is a state-of-the-art facility specializing in the diagnosis of malignancies. All cytotechnologists are certified with diagnostic training in all areas of testing. Laboratory technicians provide timely diagnostic services to all health care providers.
Testing is performed on a wide variety of specimens including:
- BAL's on pediatric patients for the detection of lipid-laden macrophages
- Bile Duct Brushings for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
- Body Fluids (Pleural, Peritoneal, Pericardial, Synovial)
- Breast Secretions / Nipple Discharges
- Brushings - all sites
- Cyst Fluids - all sites
- Fine Needle Aspirates (FNA)
- Gyn ThinPrep® Pap Tests and Pap Smears
- HPV - This is a reflex test within the Lab Test Directory, see Human Papillomavirus
- Skin / mucous membrane scrapings (Tzanck Smear) for the detection of HSV
- Urines, including quantitative analysis for BK/Polyoma Virus
- Washings and lavages - all sites
Case/slide reviews are available on all cytologic specimens. Final reports on all consults are issued within 24-48 hours of receipt.